Our Goal Statement:
The goal of the Article V Caucus is to re-establish federalism as our Founders intended, and limit the runaway growth of the Federal Government.
The Caucus is named after the Article in the U.S. Constitution that addresses the amendment process, which includes granting States the authority to amend the Constitution without the approval of Congress: “The Congress … on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, which shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as Part of this Constitution, when ratified by the Legislatures of three fourths of the several States or by Conventions in three fourths thereof,…”
The Caucus encourages state legislators to uphold these principles of federalism and limited-government through web-based information, model legislation, and strategic meetings. The Caucus believes an Article V convention is the most efficacious means of meeting these goals, and encourages the States to adopt resolutions to call for such a convention. But we also believe that a convention is only one means to that end, and will always keep a focus on the goal of federalism and limited-government.
Caucus Steering Committee
- State Rep Kelly Townsend-AZ | 480-332-6290 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- State Rep Ken Ivory-UT | 801-694-8380 | email@example.com
- Former State Senator Kevin Lundberg-CO | 970-690-0232 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Former State Representative Yvette Herrell-NM | 575-430-2113 | email@example.com
- Former State Senator Neal Schuerer-IA | 319-551-3231 | firstname.lastname@example.org